systeminfo.sh is a system information gathering script for Linux. It is non-intrusive and simply gathers information from commands that are already available.
It outputs a single file or generates a menu driven Web page.
The information includes:
network interfaces, and
CYA STATEMENT: *** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK *** The script does not write over any system files, unless someone modifies it to do so.
ALWAYS TEST SCRIPTS ON A NON-PRODUCTION SYSTEM
What's New in This Release:
· When invoked without options, the script now produces information to stdout, tar, and Web pages.
· vmstat info was moved to the bottom of the system section.
· A functional rewrite was done.
· Collection is done in a single pass now.
· Status updates are displayed for the -t and -w options.
· Additional arguments were added: -a to collect information, generate Web pages and a tar file, then display to stdout; -d to display to stdout as it collects the information; -h to display a help message; -t to create just a tar file of Web pages; -w to create just the Web pages and master info file.