systeminfo.sh is a system information gathering script for Linux.
It outputs a single file or generates a menu driven Web page.
The information includes: hostname software packages memory OS information process information kernel modules network routes socket ports ulimits chkconfig hardware devices swap disks DNS info top processor meminfo dmesg cron jobs network interfaces, and
CYA STATEMENT: *** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK *** The script does not write over any system files, unless someone modifies it to do so.
ALWAYS TEST SCRIPTS ON A NON-PRODUCTION SYSTEM
What's New in This Release:
· When invoked without options, the script now produces information to stdout, tar, and Web pages.
· vmstat info was moved to the bottom of the system section.
· A functional rewrite was done.
· Collection is done in a single pass now.
· Status updates are displayed for the -t and -w options.
· Additional arguments were added: -a to collect information, generate Web pages and a tar file, then display to stdout; -d to display to stdout as it collects the information; -h to display a help message; -t to create just a tar file of Web pages; -w to create just the Web pages and master info file.