Google Translate API doesn't support free translations now. So, the subtitle_translator tool uses mygengo and is able to translate subtitles using terminal and a mygengo free account to translate subtitles in various supported Langauges. Supported file format is srt in UTF-8 Format. This application is written in Python and script translate_subs is installed in your main shell.
git clone git://firstname.lastname@example.org/kevincobain2000/subtitle_translator.git
python setup.py install
1. Register at mygengo and installing mygengo python api.
2. Generate public_key and private_key.
3. Make a dir in your home directory like this mkdir ~/mygengo_keys
4. Copy and Paste and save in the files ~/mygengo_keys/public_key.txt and ~/mygengo_keys/private_key.txt, respectively.
5. Save the above text files in home directory. Note# Do echo $HOME to find out location of your home directory.
Script translate_subs is installed and is called directly.
1. translate_subs -i input.srt -f english -t japanese
2. translate_subs -i input.srt -f en -t ja
3. translate_subs -i input.srt -f Eng -t Jap
>>> Output --> Translated file saved to ja-input.srt
pt Portuguese (Europe)
es-la Spanish (Latin America)
fr-ca French (Canada)
es Spanish (Spain)
zh Chinese (Simplified)
pt-br Portuguese (Brazil)
Note# Supported Languages are from English to Target language and vice versa
input.srt file must be utf-8 encoded. To convert to utf-8 see man iconv
· mygengo api registration