Slaf is a new "LookAndFeel" for Java/Swing, which aims to be faster, consume less memory, be easily configurable, and be completely parameterized.
It can be used by the end user and/or integrated by the developer. It provides many themes, including Gnome, KDE, Pilot, Aqua, BeOS, Redmond, Aluminium, and Alien.
Here are some key features of "slaf":
· Faster (depending on the theme)
· Less consumming (not really)
· Easily configurable by a properties file (yes)
· Completely parameterized (almost)
· It needs JDK 1.1.6 or later and Swing 1.1. If you use JDK 1.2.0, please update to JDK1.2.2 or later. Slaf should run on any JRE, from 1.1.6 to 1.6.0.