shush project runs a command and than reports its output by email. It is a useful wrapper around cron jobs.
shush was written to be a generic wrapper around cron jobs so that it can be applied to any command without having to modify it or create a custom wrapper for it.
In a sense, it solves a fairly simple problem, but it also brings some powerful features making it a useful tool beyond cron jobs.
Here are some key features of "shush":
· Multiple reports (for the output) may be defined
Decision to send a report (or not) is configurable based on:
· Output content analysis (using regular expressions)
· Command exit code
· Size of output
· Command execution duration
· Support for plain text, enriched text and HTML report formatting. (The latter two allow rendering part of the output in bold.)
· Various timeout actions such as notification and command termination
· Locking support
· Progress report logging via syslog
· Automatic crontab file updating based on shush's configuration
· PCRE (optional)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes