rComics project is a comic fetching script. It is now well tested and suitable for regular use.
Unlike others it's not limited to some predefined comics but can be freely configured via regular expressions. It also provides convient archiving of the fetched comics.
Here are some key features of "rComics":
· Parallel downloads (serial are also available)
· Sets the HTTP-Referer
· rComics is able to chase the image through several pages
· Versatile configuration via regular expressions
· An operating system capable of symbolic links (ie. not Windows).
· ruby (It's tested with versions 1.8.0 and later but as I don't use anything special, slightly older versions should do fine too)