QDU is a Graphical Disk Usage.
One immediately sees which directories consume the most disk space, and each directory can recursively be opened to see its content. You can then delete or move files to save disk space.
Here are some key features of "qdu":
· Usage : qdu [directory] (default is current direcotry)
· Simple graphical interface.
· File and directory selection, with total selection size displayed.
· Press delete to delete selection (files are actually moved to /tmp/qduGarbage).
· Press Shift+delete to really delete.
· Selection can be moved with a middle button drag and drop.
· Infinite undo and redo with CTRL+Z and CTRL+Y.
· Press F1 to open a help window.
· Context menu with right button.
· Files and directories can be renamed.
· File filters (only shows images, movies, sounds, pdf...).
· Sorting by name or size.
· Filtered display (only large and/or non hidden and/or specific files).
· Due to a Qt internal 32 bit limitation, sizes of files larger than 4Gb are not properly reported (and hence the sums for directories containing these files).
What's New in This Release:
· Minor cleaning. Ready for Debian packaging.