osinfo reports the type, the version, the architecture, and the kernel of the Linux distribution you are running.
Here is the current list of tested distributions:
· Debian release 3.1 on i386 (2.6.8-2-686)
· Fedora Core release 3 on x86_64
· Fedora Core release 4 on ppc (2.6.16-1.2115_FC4)
· Fedora Core release 5 on i386 (2.6.17-1.2139_FC5)
· Gentoo release 1.12.0_pre19 on i386 (2.6.16-mm1-ubik)
· Gentoo release 1.6.14 on i386 (2.6.16-gentoo-r7)
· Mandriva Linux release 2006.0 on x86_64
· Solaris release 9 on x86
· SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server release 9 on ppc
· Ubuntu release 5.10 on i386 (2.6.12-10-386)
· Ubuntu release 6.06 on i386 (2.6.15-25-686)
What's New in This Release:
· This version detects the newest Ubuntu, Zenwalk, PLD, Knoppix, and Puppy Linux distributions.
· A fix was made to correctly detect Debian Edu.
· A different root directory may be chosen by using the -t option.