openDIAS project is a new open source offering to bring professional document scanning and storage utility to the home user. Home document imaging, with OCR. Scan documents (with SANE) or import ODF documents, assign tags. Use openDIAS to store all our letters, bills, statements, etc in a convenient, safe and easily retrievable way.
· GTK+ >= 2.10.x
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute `configure' itself.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package.
4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution.
What's New in This Release:
· Add threading to 'slick up' the UI in places.
· Fix more memory leaks
· Handle things when the loading image is not available.
· Use compiler flags to set data_dir
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version implement issues #7 (document linkage), issue #12 (better testing), and issue #13 (device locking). PDF, ODF, and image imports correctly have a thumbnail and OCR performed.
· Works on 64-bit machines.
· Migrated to tesseract v3. I/O is all UTF-8.
· The front end will now time out rather than hang on an error.
· The document list is now auto-loaded rather than using a paged table.
· A localization framework has been put in place (with English and German languages added).
· Defunct speech functionality has been removed.
· Various bugfixes and cleanups.