morse2led translates text to morse code displayed on keyboard leds.
Coordinated use of the programs can translate text into morse code displayed on your keyboard's leds, as described in Neal Stephenson's _Cryptonomicon_.
The blinker program is a very flexible tool that interprets a token stream as signals to control the leds, allowing one to do cool things like make Knight-Rider patterns or send subtle visual alerts.
The text2morse program translates text into user defineable morse code text symbols. Compiles on Linux and FreeBSD. Runs in text console or X mode.
# gzip -dc morse2led-1.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -
# cd morse2led-1.0
# make install
What's New in This Release:
· Bug Fixed: text2morse: Incorrect morse for "e/E"
· Bug Fixed: text2morse: Buffering stdin working incorrectly, producing huge volumes of output
· Feature added: text2morse: command line settable DOT, DASH, code char delimiter, word delimiter
· Option changed: -s is - for setting stdin input
· Help files corrected and improved
· Added morse code READMEs, produced by these apps