lrzsz is a unix communication package providing the XMODEM, YMODEM ZMODEM file transfer protocols.
lrzsz is a heavily rehacked version of the last public domain release of Omen Technologies rzsz package.
Here are some key features of "lrzsz":
· very portable, automagically configured with GNU autoconf.
· crash recovery.
· up to 8KB block sizes (ZMODEM8K).
· internationalized (using GNU gettext). German translation of the programs output exists.
· far more secure than the original sources.
· high performance. say `make vcheck-z' and have a look at the BPS rate - i recently saw 1.4 MB per second transfering a large file through pipes (on a I586/133 system. Beat that!).
· good blocksize calculation (tries to compute an optimal blocksize based on the number of errors occured).
· It's free software.
What's New in This Release:
· works on BeOS and stone-aged SCO (sco-3.2v4.2)
· pubdir-"feature" works again.
· "make rpm" creates a rpm file.
· "optimal blklen calculation" was too aggressive, it now does nothing if the user demands fixed blklens.
· various smaller and medium bug fixes.
· a more or less important security bug is fixed (stupid use of /tmp in a piece of code which is rarely used).
· lrz uses umask to make files unreadable which receiving them.
· "sh systype | mail firstname.lastname@example.org" sends a success report with a description of the system type.
· --enable-syslog is now default