krd - kde remote desktop manager. This program make easy the configuration and utilization of multiple connection to remote desktops. It's a rdesktop wrapper.
You can configure almost all rdesktop parameter and copy/paste/rename connections. Stores password safely on kwallet.
Here are some key features of "krd":
· Why this project: I'm an administrator of window clusters, so I need open a lot of similar RDP connection. I need define some connection parameters of rdesktop no other UI give me. I need use local printers, shares and serial ports from RDP connection. I think a lot of people need the same things.
· Why open source: I think someone interested can give me some help inserting profittable functions. I believe in innovation power of opensource.
· What this software is: A wrapper of rdesktop with connections management facilities.
What this software do: It's simple and fast. Permit to create connections defining almost all rdesktop parameters, in particular:
· choosing printers to condivide from printers available in the system
· choosing serial ports to condivide with connection (specifying device file)
· choosing folders to condivide with connection
· start session using single remote application like shell
· Create a simple editable file containing connections configuration
· Fast connection launching and printing error reporting
Connections management from a list:
· copy connection
· paste connection
· delete connection
· rename connection
· Stores password with kwallet
· Riepilogue of opened connections
· Tray icon for conulting open connection and launching new ones