krd - kde remote desktop manager.
You can configure almost all rdesktop parameter and copy/paste/rename connections. Stores password safely on kwallet.
- Why this project: I'm an administrator of window clusters, so I need open a lot of similar RDP connection. I need define some connection parameters of rdesktop no other UI give me. I need use local printers, shares and serial ports from RDP connection. I think a lot of people need the same things.
- Why open source: I think someone interested can give me some help inserting profittable functions. I believe in innovation power of opensource.
- What this software is: A wrapper of rdesktop with connections management facilities.
- What this software do: It's simple and fast. Permit to create connections defining almost all rdesktop parameters, in particular:
- choosing printers to condivide from printers available in the system
- choosing serial ports to condivide with connection (specifying device file)
- choosing folders to condivide with connection
- start session using single remote application like shell
- Create a simple editable file containing connections configuration
- Fast connection launching and printing error reporting
- Connections management from a list:
- copy connection
- paste connection
- delete connection
- rename connection
- Stores password with kwallet
- Riepilogue of opened connections
- Tray icon for conulting open connection and launching new ones