The kobex is a utility for sending and receiving files over the infrared device to obex enabled devices, such as cell phones, pdas, laptops.
Here are some key features of "kobex":
· Kobex is a standard KDE application. It can be configured to act like a standalone application or to be a deamon into the KDE's tray area.
· When the receiving module is enabled, you can send files from the remote device to the linux box. The received files are saved to a user configured directory. The receiving module acts like a daemon inside the kobex.
· The tray icon and the sending files dialog support drag and drop, so simple select the files you want to send from the konqueror file manager and drops them to the kobex tray icon.
· The behaviour of the sending/receiving module and the acting as daemon or standalone application is controled by a configuration dialog.
· The openobex library must be installed. You can find it at openobex home.
What's New in This Release:
· Added a receiving module.
· Some minor improvements to user interface.
· Some minor bug fixes.