hellanzb project is a Python application designed for *nix environments that retrieves nzb files and fully processes them.
The goal being to make getting files from Usenet as hands-free as possible. Once fully installed, all thats required is moving an nzb file to the queue directory. The rest; fetching, par-checking, un-raring, etc. is taken care of by hellanzb.
hellanzb also will send notices of when it has completed a file or encountered an error via Growl
· twisted -- twisted (the networking stack hellanzb runs on top of)
You will want the command line (CLI) versions of the following:
· rar (or unrar) -- rar extraction tool
· par2cmdline -- par/par2 Parity checker
· mac -- Monkey Audio decoding
· flac -- Free Lossless Audio Codec decoding
What's New in This Release:
· This release added support for NNTP over SSL.
· Windows related and other important bugs were fixed.