gMobileMedia is a simple gtk application used to browse and handle a mobile phone filesystem.
A short description this application let's you easily upload and download images, ringtones, photos and applications to your mobile phone, all that you need is a data cable or any other connection method supported by gammu.
gMobileMedia LogoThis application has been targeted mainly for Nokia cell phones (I only have those to test), but theorically it can handle all the phones that gammu has support for. This is also because I never could found an easy to use alternative in Linux for Nokia's PC Suite.
· GTK+ version 2.4.x
What's New in This Release:
· Added Swedish (sv) translation, thanks to Daniel Nylander
· Tested against Python 2.5
· added new icons thanks to Panos Laganakos
· Fixed a nasty bug that prevented from deleting files
· Fixed error when adding files
· Added more error detection routines to make it safer
· Added more validations to the file handling routines in the file engine
· added more validations, checked more states of the gammu connection
· Added more documentation
· Added custom icons for folders and files
· Changed from using default gnome themed icons to custom ones
· Simplified the mime handling
· improved memory handling to avoid loading too many objects
· Added more validations to the communication process (timeout, permissions, phone not supported)
· Fixed a bug that prevented to close the about box with the lower button
· Added an option to translate common folders for Nokia phones (others might be easily adapted)