gClipColl provides a drag-and-drop repository for text snippets.
Any text dragged to it is stored in a list for dragging to another application. All snippets are saved to a file.
It uses Gtkmm, as I hate working in pure C. It's my first Gtkmm program, so don't expect much.
Just drag text to/from the window to store it for now, press delete to remove an entry, click on an entry to rename it (actual clip text is unchanged by this). Things I need to work on are:
- File store to make clip collections persistent (at present they are lost when quiting gclipcol)
- Global keyboard shortcuts
- Various drag and drop issues
- Better list entry string generation: truncate to window width, ensure uniqueness etc.
- Bug: pressing delete while editing a clip name deletes the current item
It's only a few lines of code, I'm impressed with how simple.
· GTK+ version 2.2.x
What's New in This Release:
· This version fixes several bugs and is now quite usable.