foreign is a Mercurial extension that allows the user to quickly deal with foreign files.
This script allows you to add or delete files that are present but unknown to a repository. It deals with the case where you have been working for a while in a repository and forgot to tell Mercurial to add add some files before committing, or want to cleanup and delete some of those files lying around.
Foreign runs 'status' on the given directories, to find out which files are unaccounted for and for each of these files, it interactively asks you what to do with it (commands are invoked with one keystroke):
- add it in the repository (for the next commit)
- delete it
- ignore/mask it (adds the path to .hgignore)
- view the file with a pager (e.g., more)
- skip it for now (leave it where it is)
- quit/exit (stop doing this)
The script works interactively and is meant to allow you to quickly deal with the forgotten files in a checkout checkout.