extended cp (ecp) is intended to be a feature rich version of the coreutils tool cp. Currently it is far from portable, far from optimal, and far from being very feature rich.
Here are some key features of "extended cp":
· display progress indication as it copies (on a per file basis)
· copy to and from ftp's (only single files at the moment)
· works like ``mv'' with the proper command line switches enabled
The idea behind ecp is that wget, scp and cp can efficiently be combined into one program, unifying the syntax and usage of them all. This is of course merely an idea, and its realisation is still far off. Most of all, this is a program for exploring various I/O solutions and efficient handling of deeply nested trees both local and remote. The project is still in its early stages.
All help and all ideas on/about this project is most welcome.
What's New in This Release:
· The command line option -t displays total progress when copying a batch of files, instead of progress per file.
· Progress is displayed like: "50.67% 1500 / 2999 kb => Copied 29 file(s) out of 51 total".
· Memory leaks have been plugged.
· There is a new homepage with a tutorial on usage.