eme project is a framework for building a map editor.
eme is a framework for building a map editor. It uses the Allegro game library. You can specify the way the maps are loaded and saved, and can also define some commands.
There are two applications created with eme: seme (Simple eme) and ieme (Image eme). seme allows you to create maps without coding anything yourself, and exports map loading code to include in your game.
eme is a simple bitmap editor with many features (some seme-specific).
Here are some key features of "eme":
· Multiple layers
· Copy, cut, paste
· Multiple undo levels
· Uses Allegro datafiles
· Random fill
· Tiles can be image, number, boolean, string, color, composite
· [not in seme] Sparse layers
· Resizing map
· Handles various types of tiled maps: topdown, iso, sidescroll
· [seme only] Map format specified graphically
· [seme only] Map loading code automatically generated
What's New in This Release:
· Graphical interface for insert and delete rows and columns
· Graphical interface for adding, removing and swapping layers
· Adding your own data: userdata
· Helper tool to compile plugins: emetool
· API documentation revamped
· Bug fixes