clweather project is a no bloat, no frills implementation of wmweather for the command line.
The GUI, as well as many other features, has been stripped out. It will display weather information to stdout.
Installation is straightforward:
$ su root
# make install
This will install the binary and man page.
You can then copy the config file to either /usr/local/etc/clweather.conf or ~/.clweather/config
$ man clweather
· curl and libcurl
What's New in This Release:
· The code was extensively reworked.
· The curl code was greatly simplified and revamped.
· malloc generation calls and file generation code were eliminated when really all that was needed was a couple of strings.
· libcurl has a lot of error checking built in already, so most of the external unneeded stuff was removed.
· All of the leftover assert debugging code was removed from wmweather.
· Bloat was greatly reduced and efficiency was increased.
· The entire source file is now only 168 lines.