XPilot Control Center 0.5
XPilot Control Center is a java application for starting a game of xpilot with your selection of map or ship shape.
If you play xpilot, you've come to the right place. This application allows you to start an xpilot game server with your choice of map, and join the game with your choice of ship shape, all in one step. It shows previews of all the maps, and lets you create a list of your favourite ones.
Similarly, you can cut and paste ships to create a list of your favourites. My xpilot ship shape editor is integrated, and allows you to create your own ships, or copy and modify existing ones. The application can hide itself when you click the Play button, and show itself again when you exit the game, so that you can pick a different map.
- You can select a map to play in from a number of directories or map lists.
- You can select a ship to play with from a number of shipshape files.
- It has a compact view. Or else it can iconify itself while you play.
- You can edit your ships or create new ones.
- The ship editor can help you fix ships to meet that tricky constraint that the width of the ship perpendicular to the longest axis must be 12 or more. The orange rectangle shows you the minimum width. Note though that I wrote this program years ago and the ship shape rules may have changed.
- The ship editor can tell you exactly what's wrong with your ship.
- Lots of functionality is available through right-click menus.