WiiCan is a tool that assists on configuration and management of your wiimote under GNU/Linux. It tracks bluetooth connectivity and allows to use and create mappings to adapt your wiimote for use on any application.
Actually WiiCan it's a sytem tray icon, programmed in python. It connects to bluez and hal via dbus for tracking the available bluetooth devices and wiimote connection status.
On backend it's wminput , the cwiid event driver for wiimote. WiiCan uses wminput and wminput configuration files for define and use mappers.
Here are some key features of "Wiican":
· Discover if it's an available bluetooth device for connect wiimote
· Display a list of available keyboard-mouse-wiimote mappings
· User-defined mappings creation assistant
· Up/Down order
Notify the state of wiimote usaging:
· Bluetooth available/unavailable
· Discovering wiimote
· Wiimote disconnected
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New Feature: Autostart wiican running a default mapping (Closes: #502292 and #563989)
· Improved tray icon: using appindicator or gtkstatusicon whether Unity is the desktop in use or not
· Updated link cwiid help links on mapping editor (Closes: #908288)
· Updated translations and new greek (el) translation
· GUI migrated to GTK+3.0