Wcd is an open source and command-line tool that allows Linux users to change directory very fast.
If you work a lot with the Linux terminal, the Wcd project will save you a lot of time typing at the keyboard, as you'll need to type only a part of the folders' name in order to switch to it.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New compact tree mode. By default the 'graphical' tree is drawn the same way as the original NCD did it. On DOS a directory path could only be 66 characters in total. With the deep directory structures of today the tree can become very wide. To overcome this wcd can draw the tree in a compact way, similar to most GUI file managers, with only one folder per line. Use the new option -Tc or switch on-the-fly with the 'm' key.
· Alternative navigation in compact tree mode works the same as in GUI file explorers such as Windows Explorer and KDE Konqueror.
· Removed option -ga. Instead add the new option -Ta to your wcd alias, function or batch file if you prefer alternative navigation by default. Use shift-A in the tree to switch on-the-fly.
· Removed option -gc. Instead add the new option -TC to your wcd alias, function or batch file if you prefer centered view by default.
· Wcd compiles with Microsoft Visual C++.
· Makefile uses $(sysconfdir) i.s.o. hardcoded /etc.
· Added several GNU standard long command-line options. Thanks to Jari Aalto.
· RPM spec file complies to Fedora packaging standards. Moved spec file to folder misc.
· Fix: PowerShell version created files named "null".
· Fix: Stdio mode on Windows prints Unicode characters correctly.
· Fix: Match c with cedilla when ignoring diacritics (CP1252, CP28591, ISO-8859-1, and Unicode).