Vayala is a multi-purpose chat client for developers.
Based on multicast technology, each client is automatically connected to one chat client network without a central server or much configuration or installation effort.
You add the Eclipse view, and you are connected to your colleagues. In addition to basic chat functionality, you can also exchange files, graphics, and much more.
NOTE: Currently in development. Not yet published any stable release. Nevertheless we are publishing some preview versions from time to time. Linux users: Checkout subversion trunk and run inside Eclipse. The plugin development is not yet finished so far.
Here are some key features of "Vayala":
· Zero administration chat client
· No server required
· Multicast file transmission
· Easy drag n drop of images, urls, etc.
· Integration into Eclipse
· Visualization via browser
· Easily change your skin/theme (html/css)
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes tray icon support for Windows 2000.
· Bubble text is no longer HTML'fied.
· Configuration can be printed to the chat window.
· Configuration can be changed, and it is available without restarting.
· Status will be displayed and is editable.
· A problem in the Win2k browser widget where sometimes source is displayed has been fixed.
· The starter icon is now displayed.
· The tray menu now provides "active" and "busy" to change users' status.