UEFtrans is a Python script that allows you to manipulate the data stored in Unified Emulator Format files.
The Unified Emulator Format (UEF) allows emulators of old computers to read and write files traditionally stored on cassette. There are many such files available on the WWW, at The Stairway To Hell and other sites, but there are few utilities to manipulate these files.
The UEFtrans script is for users of all machines with a Python interpreter, and allows the user to perform various operations on UEF archive files in order to:
· provide information on the creator and the machine on which the files are intended to be used
· create a WWW page containing information about the contents of the archive including any credits, manuals or inlay scans provided with the files
· create a new UEF file for the storage of files
· catalogue the files stored in an archive
· append files to the archive
· insert files between existing files in an archive
· insert chunks at specified positions in an archive
· remove files and chunks from an archive
· extract files to a directory in the standard (INF) archive format
· extract files to append to another UEF archive file
· extract chunks to a directory
· extract chunks to append to another UEF archive file
· list the chunks which make up the archive
What's New in This Release:
· Added UEF file version information reporting to info and wwwinfo commands.
· Fixed the new command so that the keyboard layout is set correctly.