TransfoDocbook is an application that converts XML Docbook documents into PDF or single or multiple HTML files.
This project was originally developed at the University of Rennes 1 (France) to comply with a need of flexible and evolutionary documentation.
· An operating system with JAVA support
· JVM 1.4 or superior
1. Getting the product.
2. Unzipping the product.
You have a zip or tar.gz file. Under linux, go where the file is located and type :
tar -zxvf monFichier.tar.gz
3. Executing the product.
In the installation directory, you have to edit the script corresponding to your system (transfo.bat for windows, start.sh for Linux). And modify the "JAVA_HOME" variable.
Execute the script.
4. Customizing stylesheet.
You must go in File --> preferences
You can modify the following variables :
User variables :
· personalized XSL : you can add your own stylesheet. As long as you did not indicate of style sheet, the menu of generation using this stylesheet is not available.
· stylesheetVersion : docbook version use
· stylesheetPDF : docbook stylesheet to generate PDF
· stylesheetSHTML : docbook stylesheetto generate simple HTML
· stylesheetMHTML : docbook stylesheet to generate multiple HTML
· stylesheetDirImages : graphics directory used in the case of navigation graphic for the HTML multipage.
If you wish nevertheless to use of another docbook stylesheet, you must add the stylesheets in the directory /lib, and indicate them in the preferences.
Important: If you modify a value in your preferences, you must start again the application so that these modifications are taken into account.
5. Customizing stylesheet's parameter.
You must go in Options, and choose those which interest you. You can modify, remove, add as much parameter than you want.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds a log file. abandonment of the RTF transformation, and Java 1.5 compatibility.
· The PDF transformation doesn't work with Java 1.4.