SlackUpdate is a bash script that can be used to check for, download, and install Slackware updates.
SlackUpdate currently supports: Slackware 8.1 - 10.1, and current.
Here are some key features of "SlackUpdate":
· Multiple server support
· Multiple Runlevel support
· Auto update mode Runlevel 2 (root only, be careful)
· Command line options for preferred server and runlevel
· Command line option for more verbosity
· Checks for newer versions of slackupdate script
What's New in This Release:
· Released Version 0.7.1
· Moved to new server and updated the update-check links.
· Majorly revamped upgrade. No longer uninstalls previous packages
· Fixed RunLevel error with upgrade (Florian Mueller)
· Improved upgrade to work better for slackware-current users
· Upgrade checks against blacklist before adding/removing old packages