SetiLinDriver tool was made to cache work unit of SETI@home project (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu) under Linux.
With SetiLinDriver you can store on your disk more than one WU, and send results to the Seti server manually, when you are connected to the net.
This release is stable and should work fine: now I'm working to make more easy the configuration.
In this version the configuration on SetiLinDriver is still quite complicate. This will be fixed in the future.
To configure the program follow these steps:
1. Create your own working directory (i.e.; /usr/local/setiathome)
Example: root@wiz:/usr/local# mkdir setiathome
2. Copy the "setilindriver" executable into the working directory setting its permission to 755.
3. Open the "setilindriver" file and edit the 3 parameters $SETIDIR, $SETIPARAM, $SETINUM
$SETIDIR: the working directory you create before;
$SETIPARAM: parameter to pass to the setiathome command (recommended only -stop_after_process)
$SETINUM: the number of WU do you want to cache
4. Create directories for each WU you want to cache: for example if you has set $SETINUM parameter as 3 you must create 3 directories called "1", "2" and "3".
5. Copy the setiathome executable (download it from http://setiathome.berkeley.edu) into each WU directory.
6. Initialize each cache manually.
7. Create the setilindriver.lwu file into the main working directory
Example: root@wiz:/usr/local/setiathome# touch setilindriver.lwu
8. Configuration is complete. Run setilindriver.