SandR is a recursive search and replacement utiliy with a simple but comprehensive GUI. SandR works on a file or recursively on a directory and supports Java-style regular expressions in search terms and the auto-detction of character encoding of the files. It supports extensive logging and the automatic backing up of files.
SandR uses the Java port of Mozilla's Character detection algorithm for detecting the character encoding of the files.
SandR is licensed under GNU Public License (GPL). You are free to download a copy of it.
SandR comes AS-IS.
· Java 1.4 or higher
· Ant 1.6 or higher
What's New in This Release:
· Many more encoding options were added. (There are 44 in total now.)
· Scrollbars for the search box and replace box were added.
· Licensing information was added in the "About" dialog.
· An application icon was added.
· Information about the lack of warranty was added in the "About" box.