Report Designer is an easy to use rich client application to graphically create reports. It features a wizard that assists you by creating new reports from your data sources without the need to start every report from scratch.
The reports can be previewed and created directly on the machine where the report is designed. The report definition is continuously validated as you design the report. JFreeReport is used as the reporting engine.
Here are some key features of "Report Designer":
· GUI to create Reports: Create your reports by Drag&Drop. No need to learn special report definition languages.
· Export to PDF, RTF, Excel, HTML, CSV, Plain Text
· Wizard to select datasets in a comfortable way
· Live preview of the final Report
· Create Reports directly on your workstation without the need for a server
· Guidelines to make elements align where you want
· Continuous Zoom from 10% up to 500%
· Live Report Validation: Always know whats wrong and why, without interrupting your workflow
· Unlimited Undo/Redo capabilities
· Merge Reports: Save common headers and footers as report and import them as you like
· Morph Element types. Change a Textfield into a Datefield with one click
· Edit multiple elements at once: Change attributes like color and alignment of multiple elements at once
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· This release improves the startup time by changing the time zone loading.
· It also fixes some minor bugs.