Reminder is a software to keep in mind some events.
- gunzip/tar sources (you has done if you read this file)
- I suppose you have gcc compiler and /bin/mail program ( look at Makefile/config.h files )
- type ./configure
- cp ./reminder.users.tmpl reminder.users and add users which will be use reminder, cp ./reminder.users /etc
There're two ways to run reminder:
- as cron task - edit /etc/crontab file and add entry like this:
0,30 * * * * root [ -x /usr/bin/remd ] && /usr/bin/remd -c
will perform check messages twice an hour
- as standalone daemon - insert smth. like /usr/bin/remd -d -t3600 to your rc. file to check messages once an hour
Your are ready to add new events:
Type remind, answer data questions and put text. Then Ctrl-D/Y. You message wiil be saved into $HOME/.reminder/YYYY-MM-DD_HH:MM.msg file. File will be emailed you that time and deleted after then.