Piccolo is a truly revolutionary way to create robust, full-featured graphical applications in Java, with striking features such as zooming and multiple representation.
Piccolo toolkit is a well-tested and extensive toolkit based on the Java2D API.
· Blackdown Java Media Framework for Linux
· Blackdown Java3D for Linux
What's New in This Release:
· This release brings together the Java and C# desktop versions of the toolkit with nearly identical APIs.
· It adds several new features and examples, and fixes a few minor bugs.
· This release finishes the Direct3D renderer for the .NET version, introduced in the previous beta release.
· This extension enables hardware acceleration and potentially significant performance improvements.
· The Web site has been further improved, with basic and advanced tutorials, applets, a 2D Graphics Primer, a developer FAQ, and more.