PDO (Perl Data Objects) is a project that I've been thinking about for absolutely forever, I keep on writing bits of it now and again and have finally decided to bring it all together into one project.
PDO is basically yet another persistent storage system in Perl. At the moment I'm not releasing to CPAN since it isn't really usable, releases are a way for me to keep track of where I am.
I have a large feature set I want included but I won't go into that right now, at the moment the code works and is usable but doesn't provide anything that you can't find elsewhere. If you're interested in finding out what is going to be added then let me know.
A brief rundown of the things currently needing adding.
· Object definition language and schema mapping
· Data inheritence between objects
· Data loading schemes
· Lazy loading (load when you have to)
· Preemptive loading (load as much as you can before returning)
· Adaptive data loading (load as much as past profile deems appropriate)
· Data caching schemes
· Flyweight pattern for data object references instead of hashes
· Object Query Language