Linux Multimedia Box is an application for building multimedia Linux based devices, similar to a PVR or set top box. XML is used for describing the user interface, and events and callbacks are in embedded Tcl.
Here are some key features of "Linux Multimedia Box":
· Fully skinnable GUI interface system
· Multi-threaded architecture
· Tcl scripting language for all events and handlers (button click, page load etc.)
· Control by mouse, keyboard, infra-red remote via LIRC
· Wide range of image format support (with alpha transparency)
· TrueType font support
· MusicObject based on xinelib for playback any music formats supported by xine(mp3, wav, streams)
· FileBrowser widget for displaying file system contents
· Images zoom/rotate methods for photo albums or dynamic icons
· SoundObject for sound effects thought SDL_mixer
· VideoObject for movie playback through xinelib, can be launched in separate window or embedded in the main lmbox window, completely controlled by lmbox events
· Default Tcl event script included with the skin which implements movies, weather, radio from Shoutcast, search and categories, hidden codes, screensaver-like album viewer.
· Calendaring with scheduling, alarms can be popups, music or movie
· Berkeley DB used for config and storage
· TV listings from zap2it, refresh in the background
· News from Yahoo
· Contacts database with reminders
· CallerID support using optional modem
· TCP/IP/HTTP/UDP support for remote control and alerts
· Embedded Mozilla browser (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· A lot of GUI events were added.
· Sub-windows were added that can act as context menus.
· A video player continue problem has been fixed.