LightLang project is a set of language programs for Linux. It's main part of the system of electronic dictionaries. It consists of several programs - SL (the search kernel), XSL (the program's graphical interface written by Qt4) LLRepo (the utility for working with LightLang repositories).
Additional packages expand the program's functionality, adding, for example, a possibility to hear the pronunciation of a word.
The system is set up in such a manner that you do not have to use the SL graphical interface, and invoke the search kernel directly from the command line instead. It is very convenient when using systems without the X-server.
This UNIX-native program. But sacrificing krosplatformennostyu we were able to achieve productivity and versatility. To install, you will need PyQt4> = 4.2, python-xlib. Before installing read instruction in the directory "readme".
The program originally created for Russian users, but this does not prevent it to have dictionaries and other languages. There is a translation of documents and the interface for English.
We hope that this will be a worthy response GNOME and StarDict.
· Qt 4.x
What's New in This Release:
· An options to output translation in dictionary's original format is added.
· Translatesites menu extension is added;
· Possibility of window autodetection by Spy is added;
· A menu for opening links is added in the search panel;
· Processing of performancecritical sections of the code is improved;
· A normal About dialog is finally made;
· Tray icon and it's menu are modified;
· Artscheme is changed.
· The program is fully written in Python;
· Option syntax is changed.