lfhex is an application for viewing and editing files in hex, octal, binary, or ascii text. Large File HexEditor's main strength is it's ability to work with files much larger than system memory (or address space for that matter!).
Here are some key features of "Large File HexEditor":
� Low memory usage
� Instant load times
� Instant save times
� Infinite undo/redo
� Dynamic hex/octal/binary/ascii editing mode
� "Goto" field for jumping to a specified offset (offset can be specified by a mathematical expression: 0xff*3
� 64 bit offset support
� Dynamic resize support
� Linked to selection
� Shows conversion to int, float, double, ascii, hex
� Modifying int/float/double/ascii/hex updates all the other fields
� Option to show/edit byteswapped values
Binary comparison dialog
� differences can be walked by "block"
� a block can be from 1-16 bytes long
� starting offset can be different in each file
� Minimal dependencies (just Qt)
gunzip -c lfhex-x.x.tar.gz | tar xvf -
% cd lfhex-x.x
% make install
· You must have a compiler which is sane when using templates.
· Does not support insertion/deletion (cannot change file size)
· Search/compare can be slow (compared to cmp or any other non-paged IO app)
· Cannot search files with unsaved modifications
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The binary comparison mode has been re-enabled (-c command line argument).
· A bug if -NDEBUG is used when compiling has been fixed.