KoolDock is a KDE project that aims to have a cool dock for KDE with great visual effects and enhancements.
KoolDock is based upon the work of Dang Viet Dung, KSmoothDock 2.1.
Here are some key features of "KoolDock":
· Display quick launchers to your favourite apps
· A builtin task bar
· Pager and clock. (Not done yet)
· Smooth zooming effect (like Apple's OS X dock)
· Transparent Background
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute
Running `configure' takes a while. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
4. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'.
What's New in This Release:
· Improved icon positioning.
· Added 'Show only minimized' option.
· Disabled systray support.
· Improved drawing engine.
· Added speed control (modifies kooldock's animation time to make it closest to desired speed).
· Reduced CPU wakeups, when kooldock is inactive (should be 4-8 per second)
· Reorganised tabs in setting window.
· Added 'Apply' button in options window, improved settings applying speed.
· Added simple KBFX support (necessary kicker applet).
· Added automatic background refresh (on minimize/maximize/restore/activate window).
· Added similar task grouping.
· Minor fixes and improvements.