KDE Message Modem Centre is a program that communicates with the old US Robotics Sportster Message Plus and 56K Professional Message Modem. It supports configuring of the modem and downloading of messages.
It is inspired from the original KMsgModem made by T. Uhlmann. A big thanks to him. In respect of his previous work I named the program after the original one. So, why rewrite it? Well, I searched for a program like this for Linux. The only program I found was KMsgModem. But it didn't compile on KDE3 anymore. So I decided to code a new one.
Here are some key features of "KMsgModem":
· De/activate the standalone mode
· Download message from the modem
· Listen/save voice messages
· View fax messages
· Erase modem memory
· Control modem features, e.g. Fax ID, Rings before pick up
What's New in This Release:
· Using KTempDir instead of /tmp directly
· Using $KDEHOME/share/apps/kmsgmodem/modem/ for memory file (Delete the old file with calling "kmsgmodem --delete" from a terminal before updating)
· Fixed permissions
· Fixed Modem Settings dialog