KDE Message Modem Centre is a program that communicates with the old US Robotics Sportster Message Plus.
It is inspired from the original KMsgModem made by T. Uhlmann. A big thanks to him. In respect of his previous work I named the program after the original one. So, why rewrite it? Well, I searched for a program like this for Linux. The only program I found was KMsgModem. But it didn't compile on KDE3 anymore. So I decided to code a new one.
Here are some key features of "KMsgModem":
· De/activate the standalone mode
· Download message from the modem
· Listen/save voice messages
· View fax messages
· Erase modem memory
· Control modem features, e.g. Fax ID, Rings before pick up
What's New in This Release:
· Using KTempDir instead of /tmp directly
· Using $KDEHOME/share/apps/kmsgmodem/modem/ for memory file (Delete the old file with calling "kmsgmodem --delete" from a terminal before updating)
· Fixed permissions
· Fixed Modem Settings dialog