KDEAddons-Emulation purpose is the full desktop integration of all available emulators and virtual machines for the linux operating system.
Using kde and its basic components, it is possible to reduce the setup and access up to a minimum.
To get a small overview, feel free to read the documentation and install the deb or rpm package which should run on every distribution based on kde 3.x or higher.
What's New in This Release:
· Many, many bugfixes. Some parts rewritten.
· Now supports commandline options, which will be used prior to emuexec.conf
· Now dialog mode is selectable: kdialog, gnome, Xdialog
· Improved and rewritten automatic screenshot functionallity.
· Screenshots now generated using xwd, if imagemagicks (import) is not installed
· 3 New Compression formats supported : arj,lha,zoo
· Many new actions: e.g. install emulators using: emuexec [Driver] install
· Joystick helper application to deal with all tasks regarding input settings
· Just execute "joyhelperh" (requires perl)
· Joystick daemon to record button combos and execute commands during:
· Defaults: Button 1+2+3+4 = Screenshot , Button 5+6+7+8 = Exit emulator
· Automatic joystick setup for:
· dgen, freevo, mupen64, mythtv, sdlmame, sdlmess, snes9x, vba, xe, xmame and xmess
· Media control and Volume Control:
· Control Volume and Media players using button combos (try: joyhelperjoydmc amarok)
· Improved freevo and mythtv config generation
· Now xmess/sdlmess systems can be set inside emulatble.csv
· Autogenerate Mythtv and Freevo joystick settings using input.conf
· New emuexec option to use a single path to find software images
· Many smaller improvements and updates
· SDLMESS/SDLMAME driver added
· XMESS/XMAME driver improved
· SDL/XMESS system can now be specified on the commandline:
· e.g. "emuexecsystem=sms sdlmess run Sonic.sms"