KAlarm is a personal alarm message, command and email scheduler. KAlarm project provides a graphical interface to set up personal alarm messages which pop up on the screen at the chosen time, or you can schedule commands to be executed or emails to be sent.
Here are some key features of "KAlarm":
· choose whether the alarm should display a text message, display a text or image file, execute a command, or send an email.
· configure the alarm to recur on an hours/minutes, daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis, or set it to trigger every time you log in. You can also specify a repetition within a repetition.
· specify that a reminder should be displayed in advance of the main alarm time(s).
· choose a colour and font for displaying the alarm message.
· specify an audible beep or a sound file to play when the message is displayed, or specify that the message is to be spoken.
· choose whether or not the alarm should be cancelled if it can't be triggered at its scheduled time. An alarm can only be triggered while you are logged in and running a graphical environment. If you choose not to cancel the alarm if it can't be triggered at the correct time, it will be triggered when you eventually log in.
· and more ...
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release adds a new option to execute a pre-alarm action before deferred alarms trigger, and new options to auto-hide the system tray icon when no alarms are due. The Try button in the audio alarm edit dialogue now toggles playback start and stop. There are other minor improvements and bug fixes. It includes a new Catalan translation of the handbook.