Jopen is a Unix little program that provides execution of an action for any kind of file according to a list of rules. The base functionality is similar to "Open with" features from Nautilus, Konqueror, and Windows explorer, but command line-based. The configuration file has rules for each file type, file name, or file content and actions for it.
It features Firefox, Nautilus, and Amule integration, complete freedom to write your own rules (use any bash command as a condition), updating executables that are unavailable automatically, Just edit (for editing a file instead of viewing), the ability to choose an alternate application, and an interface program to edit rules.
Here are some key features of "Jopen":
· Firefox, Nautilus, Amule integration. (See here)
· Complete freedom to write your own rules. You can put any bash command as condition.
· Update the executables that are unavailable automatically
· Just edit, for edit file instead of viewing
· User can choose alternative application
· Edit the rules by interface program
What's New in This Release:
· Xdialog interface support.
· Smarter ways of discovering the correct program.
· Several bugfixes.