JUnitConv is a free Open Source universal Units of Measure Converter, it converts numbers from one unit of measure to another.
JUnitConv was built as a Java Applet, and is platform-independent , highly-configurable, it supports an unlimited number of Units Categories, Units of Measure and Multiplier Prefixes that could be customized using external text files.
You could setup your own data files using your preferred spoken language, units categories, units definitions and multiplier prefixes. The default configuration data files contains 580 basic units of measure definitions divided in 31 categories and 27 multiplier prefixes for a total of 15660 composed units.
Here are some key features of "JUnitConv":
· browser-independent, works fine with any browser that support at least Java 1.1
· 580 basic units of measure definitions divided in 31 categories and 27 multiplier prefixes
· customizable units, categories, multipliers and labels using external text files
· supports units descriptions, used to display units definitions and history (if available)
· supports multiplier prefixes
· supports basic formulas as units conversion parameters
· supports result precision (max number of decimal places)
· customizable charset encoding, supports international character sets (require appropriate OS/browsers)
· customizable background and foreground colors
· customizable font type, style and size
Note: the conversion accuracy is influenced by a couple of factors such as client machine precision and units data definitions.
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· The square yard unit was fixed.