JDash is a Java based SSM/OBD-II Visual Dashboard interface for Subarus.
JDash is an open source project giving people a visual dashboard of their cars sensors. JDash started as a Subaru Specific interface, but has grown to support other vehicles as well. JDash was intended for the In-Car PC audience. But JDash can easily be used for ECU logging and even simple tuning. JDash isn't perfect yet.. but it's getting close!
Here are some key features of "JDash":
· Complete Graphical visual interface to your cars ECU
· Written in 100% Java (Except for the native libRXTX interface)
· Runs on Linux / Windows and should work on a Mac (untested on Mac)
· Supports Subaru Select Monitor Protocol (SSM) on the Tactrix cable
· Support for ELM 323/327 OBD-II module
· 100% Skinnable interface.
· Customizable ECU value mappings
· Skinable Analog Gauges with High / Low indicators
· Skinable Digital Gauges
· Skinable LED Gauges with High / Low Indicators
· Skinable Line Graph Gauges with High / Low Indicators
· High / Low gauge needles with reset buttons
· Play sounds in response to ECU values, like Redline or high temp.
· Data Logging and Log Playback to and from a Database.
· Data Log export to Excel.
· GPL Open Source
· Very Modular Design allowing easy customization of Skins and ECU Monitors though changing of config files.
· Display Check Engine Light Codes
· Reset Check Engine Light (on some supported interfaces).
· Reset ECU (on some supported interfaces).
· Automatic Installer
· Sun Java JRE 1.5 and greater (1.4 is not supported)
· A Car or ECU with an interface port
· PC / Laptop or an [in-car PC]
· PC Car Interface Cable
· [Tactrix http://www.tactrix.com/] Subaru SSM capable interface cable linked to a serial port (or similar)
· ELM 323/327 OBD-II Interface Module