GwenRename is a series renamer tool. GwenRename project was created as an external tool for GwenView, the image viewer for KDE, but can also be used from Konkueror. As that, the files to be renamed are passed to it as command line parameters, and there is no other way to load files into it.
The main goal is to have a batch renaming tool that's easy and light enough for every day use. If you are looking for a more compound and featured renaming tool, you should have a look at Dominik Seichter's KRename.
GwenRename can also be found at KDE Apps.
What's New in 1.0.3 Stable Release:
· Fixed "numeric sorting not correctly done" bug, when the filename contains regExp special characters
· Added an option to deactivate the counter (requested)
· GUI improvements
· Using latest build system
· Code cleanup
What's New in 1.1 Beta 4 Development Reltem
· GwenRename can now be executed without parameters. In this case the user will have to select the folder cotaining the files to be renamed, through the "Folder selection" dialog
· A mode selection dialog was added. It will be presented to the user, when a single folder is passed to GwenRename
· Files/folders can now be added/removed from the list of items that will be renamed, from within the program, using the ListView context menu
· Started writing the user manual. Added help to the program dialogs
· Layout changes
· Many more minor changes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed corrupted po files
· Added Czech (cs) translation, by Pavel Fric
· No changes to the source code