Gnome tools for the Logitech G15 keyboard
Written using Python, PyGTK, and depending on g15daemon, Gnome15 is easy to extend and co-exists with other g15daemon clients.
- General Features:
- Control the keyboard backlight level. Stores the last setting and sets it when you login. You can also cycle though levels using left / right mouse wheel if you have it.
- Automatically cycle through screens (configurable).
- Cycle through screens using the mouse wheel over the panel applet
- Macro System:
- Multiple macro profiles may be configured, with Gnome15 automatically switching between them when the currently focused window changes.
- Plugin to display current macro summary. Each macro may be assigned a name, which is displayed on the LCD along with the key it is mapped to.
- Assign macros to G1 to G18 and L2 to L5. Supports M1, M2 and M3 within each profile. Also supports mapping to multiple keys presses, e.g. G1 + G2.
- Clock. Simple demonstration plugin
- Indicator Me. Displays your current presence status.
- Screensaver. Detects when screensaver becomes active and dims the keyboard and displays a message. Warn off your foes!
- Volume monitor. Displays volume gauge when it changes. Currently uses Python ALSA bindings, I would like to change to use Pulse directly if possible (or maybe both).
- Weather. Displays current outlook, temperature, and 4 day forecast. Uses Google weather API.
- System Monitor. Displays current CPU, Network and Memory summary.
- Rhythmbox. Displays current track information, progress and cover art, kinda ;) The current Rhythmbox volume is also displayed. Requires Python DBUS bindings.
- Special effect. Adds a sliding effect when cycling through screens. NOTE, this can affect performance of the macro keys.
- Experimental video player. Requires mplayer to be installed.
- Written using Python, PyGTK, and depending on g15daemon, Gnome15 is easy to extend and co-exists with other g15daemon clients.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New Tails plugin for monitoring log files.
- The Sensors plugin lets you keep an eye on temperatures, voltages and fan speeds.
- The macro editor has been improved, and also gets new advanced configuration options for toggling and repeat rates.