Gnome15 is an application that provides a panel applet, configuration tool, macro system and plugin framework for the Logitech G15 keyboard. The intention is to provide the best integration with the Gnome desktop possible, using the standard protocols and libraries where possible.
Written using Python, PyGTK, and depending on g15daemon, Gnome15 is easy to extend and co-exists with other g15daemon clients.
Here are some key features of "Gnome15":
· Control the keyboard backlight level. Stores the last setting and sets it when you login. You can also cycle though levels using left / right mouse wheel if you have it.
· Automatically cycle through screens (configurable).
· Cycle through screens using the mouse wheel over the panel applet
· Multiple macro profiles may be configured, with Gnome15 automatically switching between them when the currently focused window changes.
· Plugin to display current macro summary. Each macro may be assigned a name, which is displayed on the LCD along with the key it is mapped to.
· Assign macros to G1 to G18 and L2 to L5. Supports M1, M2 and M3 within each profile. Also supports mapping to multiple keys presses, e.g. G1 + G2.
· Clock. Simple demonstration plugin
· Indicator Me. Displays your current presence status.
· Screensaver. Detects when screensaver becomes active and dims the keyboard and displays a message. Warn off your foes!
· Volume monitor. Displays volume gauge when it changes. Currently uses Python ALSA bindings, I would like to change to use Pulse directly if possible (or maybe both).
· Weather. Displays current outlook, temperature, and 4 day forecast. Uses Google weather API.
· System Monitor. Displays current CPU, Network and Memory summary.
· Rhythmbox. Displays current track information, progress and cover art, kinda ;) The current Rhythmbox volume is also displayed. Requires Python DBUS bindings.
· Special effect. Adds a sliding effect when cycling through screens. NOTE, this can affect performance of the macro keys.
· Experimental video player. Requires mplayer to be installed.
· Written using Python, PyGTK, and depending on g15daemon, Gnome15 is easy to extend and co-exists with other g15daemon clients.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New Tails plugin for monitoring log files.
· The Sensors plugin lets you keep an eye on temperatures, voltages and fan speeds.
· The macro editor has been improved, and also gets new advanced configuration options for toggling and repeat rates.