Gebabbel 0.3 Beta
Gebabbel is a Qt4.2 Frontend for the famous gpsbabel, a tool to convert GPS file formats back and forth.
Gebabbel asymptotically left alpha and entered beta stage. As of 20061224 (hey, it's christmas time, it is feature complete and I provide the first beta release.
Klick on the screenshots to download an archive containing the code. For Windows and Macintosh 10.4.x users, binaries are provided. For Linux users, source code is provided to compile it by yourself.
I need your help testing this application. I cannot do all testing on all platforms by myself. So if you use it and you find a bug, please drop me a line.
BTW: If you want it to appear in your mother tongue, you can help translating it. Please contact me at christeck add users dodd sourceforge dodd net.
Here are some key features of "Gebabbel":
· Free software published under the GNU GPL V2. No ads, no spyware, no malicious code
· Cross-platform availability thanks to Trolltechs Qt4 classes
· Arbitrary amount of named presets to store your preferred gpsbabel commands. Example presets are provided
· Pasting of gpsbabel command lines into a line edit for easy preset creation
· Highly configurable via its configuration file
· Creation and editing of presets via the graphical user interface
· Usage of built in (Mac and Windows) or an arbitrary gpsbabel executable. Thus new releases of gpsbabel can easily be used without updating gebabbel
· Support of almost all currently known gpsbabel features
· Application prepared for easy translation to further languages. Currently supported languages include english and german
You need to compile from source. Download the source and follow the steps in the text file called 'COMPILATION'.
What's New in This Release:
· Requires Qt 4.3.0 (sorry)
· Requires gpsbabel 1.3.3 or better
· Preparation for the upcoming 1.3.4 release of gpsbabel
· Code cleanup
· Internal rewrites and bug fixes
· Improved presets, completely i18n'ed