GPixPod is a free and open source way to manage photos on your iPOD!
GPixPod is a new PyGTK application to organize photos and photo albums on your Apple iPod video (5G), developed by Flavio Gargiulo, FLAGAR.com.
But it is at the moment the free, open source and cross-platform alternative to iTunes for uploading photos on your iPod. Its approach to modify manually the elements in the Photo Database of your iPod could be also more useful than the syncing-only method of iTunes.
For the GNU/Linux user, it is the perfect complement of GtkPod and similar programs (such as Rhythmbox, Banshee) which organize music and videos. In fact, managing photos was the only feature of my iPod that I wasn't able to use from my GNU/Linux box: thus I decided to write my own application, following the great documentation about the formats of the files on the iPod found on the famous site iPodLinux.
Nothing could have been done without the great effort in documenting done on that wiki. Special thanks go to Henryk Plötz, for its original concept code.
· GTK+ version 2.4.x
· PyGTK 2.6
What's New in This Release:
· Fix for iPod Nano, odd code for the save thumbnails menu
· Fix for single folder selection in the filechooser
· New right mouse button context menu in the treeview
· Double click to expand or collapse albums in the treeview
· Some other cleanup for main menu and treeview previews