GNU Accounting utilities is a set of utilities which reports and summarizes data about user connect times and process execution statistics under GNU/Linux.
This package contains:
· last: show records or user login information
· ac: summarize login accounting
· accton: turn accounting on or off
· lastcomm: show records of command execution information
· sa: summarizes process accounting
· dump-utmp: print a utmp file in a human-readble format
· dump-acct: same as above for acct/pacct files
This package requires kernel level support. In Linux you must select the "BSD-style process accounting" option during compilation.