Flyway allows the user to find and enter U.S. waypoints.
The route data can also be used to fill in an editable FAA Flight Plan form, fetch basic weather information from the internet, and display a very rough map.
Here are some key features of "FlyWay":
· Includes waypoint data for most U.S. airports, navigational aids and fixes.
· Searches for waypoints by comparing keywords to the waypoint identifier, the name, the city or the state.
· Provides information about the waypoints, including various frequencies, elevation, fuel availability, and runway descriptions.
· Calculates courses, wind corrections, and travel times for a route.
· The route data can be used to fill in an editable FAA Flight Plan Form.
· Weather information, including surface observations, terminal forecasts and winds aloft data, can be displayed for stations near the route.
· The route data, the waypoint information, the flight plan, and the weather data may be printed.
· A rough map may be displayed to show the relationship of the route waypoints and other waypoints.
· Qt (Version 2.3 or Version 3.x)
· Python (Version 2.1 or higher)
· PyQt (Version 2.4 or higher
What's New in This Release:
· A problem with opening files in the latest versions of the PyQt library has been fixed.
· Also, the waypoint database has been updated to the most recent data available.