Event Notifier 1.1
This program notifies you about any upcoming event
to this database, view existing events, modify or delete them.
An alternate version of the program is available that uses Sqlite3 database to store the events information. To use that you would require Python 2.5 at least. The scripts for this version are present within the 'alternate' directory.
You can use the script as it is. To make event notifier run while you login to your terminal, add the following line to your ~/.profile of ~/.bash_profile or ~/.ksh_profile file, whichever is present in your system:
Note: When you login to your system via the terminal, notifications will be displayed only your terminal and not in a window. Steps to make the program automatically run after you login to your GUI based interface will be specified here later.
Run the notifier script as below:
To add new events or edit the existing events information, run the following:
By default, the notifier script looks for events in the coming seven days. To change this, edit the event_notifier.conf configuration file and change the n_days variable.
- Notifications can be displayed in terminal as well as in a window
- Event dates are stored in MMM-DD format. Hence, notification of an event on any date would be repeated every year, unless deactivated. These kind of events include birthday of your friend, your marriage anniversary, and so on.
- An event can be made inactive by putting a '#' symbol before it
- A simple GUI to manage the list of events
- Can be run on any platform having Python
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Now events notified will be sorted by date