Audit elections with good statistical confidence
ElectionAudits is a project that provides software and documentation in support of the Principles and Best Practices for Post-Election Audits documented at http://electionaudits.org/principles
- Imports standard election report files
- Protects voter anonymity by combining results for very small precincts or batches into larger audit units.
- Enables audits of central-count systems and mail-in ballots without requiring that the paper ballots be sorted into piles by precinct. Works with election systems which can't produce batch results, by importing full election results for each batch and subtracting the result for the previous batch from the current batch.
- Facilitates risk-limiting audits by calculating relevant statistics based on the margin, number, size, and results of the audit units. Support for PPEBWR, SAFE, and NEGEXP is provided, with more on the drawing board.
- Ad-hoc query form lets you quickly enter information about hypothetical contests and get selection statistics for them also. This supports planning for future audits, e.g. deciding how many batches to report on so as to minimize the fraction of the ballots you'll have to audit.
- Convenient platform for publication and archiving of auditable reports for the public.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!